Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Hokiaga year 5 and 6 camp

Hokianga Camp
W.A.L.T: Write a blog post about camp

Last week (Week six) We went on a camp to the Hokianga. We stayed in Te Whakarongotai Marae and had a beautiful view of the Hokianga Harbor. Ms Peters said "it was a Million dollar view$$$$". Our sleeping arrangements were that all the men/snorers would sleep in the mattress room, the teachers slept on beds and the ladies and kids slept on mattresses on the floor in the Whare-nui. 

Some of the exciting things we did were a visit to Wairere Boulders, we went to the look out/sketching, The giant dunes, Visit to Tane Mahuta/sketching, Matua Ngahere, The four sisters, Spotlight, Scavenger hunt and much much more.

One of my favorite parts would probably be the GIANT dunes because you came down the dune and skimmed really far out in the water on your boogie board. I especially enjoyed racing my Dad down to see who went the furthest and guess what? I did!😁

My group on camp included Ruiha, Miki, Mason, Vinnie, Me and Dad was our group leader. Together we came up with a group name and it was The WHITU FIGHTERS. Our cheer was "TAHI, RUA, TORU, WHA, RIMA, ONO, WHITU FIGHTERS!" I loved Dad being our group leader because he was kind, caring, super funny and the master chef.

This camp was so much fun it was the BEST CAMP EVER!

I hope you enjoyed reading a little about my camp and what we did. What do you think you enjoyed/would enjoy the most at this camp?😇😋😎

No comments:

Post a Comment